- JVRS-100, combined with an antigen, provides a powerful adjuvant for prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines against bacterial, viral and parasitic infections.
- JVRS-100 induces balanced and robust CD4+/CD8+ T-cell and antibody responses.
- JVRS-100 adjuvant is effective with a variety of antigens, i.e., recombinant proteins, peptides, non-conjugated polysaccharide, inactivated virus and tumor cell lysates.
- JVRS-100 binds to antigens without the need for expensive and limiting conjugation steps.
- JVRS-100 adjuvanted vaccines are functionally active in CD4+ T-cell deficient mouse models, suggesting application of immune stimulation in immunocompromised individuals.
When JVRS-100 is combined as an adjuvant with disease-specific antigens and administered by injection or by the mucosal (oral, intranasal) route, it acts as a vaccine capable of activating substantial antibody- and cell-mediated (CD4+/CD8+ T-cells) immune responses. Immunological responses elicited by the cationic lipid-DNA complexes have been successfully demonstrated in both prophylactic and therapeutic settings in a variety of animal species and recently in humans. The Juvaris technology provides the opportunity to develop many disease-specific vaccine products, for which there are significant unmet medical needs.
^ back to top